Am I A Candidate?
Qualifications for bariatric surgery in most areas include:
- BMI ≥ 35: or more than 100 pounds overweight.
- BMI ≥ 30: and at least 1 or more obesity-related co-morbidities such as: type II diabetes (T2DM), hypertension, sleep apnea and other respiratory disorders, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, osteoarthritis, lipid abnormalities, gastrointestinal disorders, or heart disease.
- Ages between 15 – 65: Other cases may be considered under a previous evaluation
- Unsuccessful diets and exercise programs: Inability to achieve a healthy weight loss sustained for a period of time with prior weight loss efforts.
Readiness for a new lifestyle: Patient is willing to make considerable lifestyle changes that will improve their quality of life.
Before the procedure
The Advanced Medicine Institute is committed to offer you a personalized and multi-disciplinary approach according to each personal need.
Our team of administration will help the doctors, nutritionist and phycologist appoint to you the dates and spaces available for your pre-operative process
- Phone Call: Make an appointment with patient coordinator
- Initial Consult: Patient Coordinator
- Consultation with bariatric surgeon: an appointment can be set up if patient coordinator sees the need of a deeper evaluation.
- Schedule Surgery: Check the agenda and work on the dates that are most comfortable for you.
- Pre-operative Requirements:
- Evaluation by Nutritionist
- Evaluation by Psychologist
- Pre-operative medication
- Pre-operative diet
- Attend a Seminar: If your surgery time allows it feel free to attend our monthly seminar in the designated place before your procedure, meet with the doctor, hear real-life testimonials and get all the insights on your procedure.
- New Journey Begins!
Whether you’re a patient from our town or out of the city, we can arrange your first time appointments to be present or through phone calls.
We will always find a way to be there for our patients.