During this procedure, the LAP-BAND® is placed around the uppermost part of the stomach, dividing it into two parts: a small upper pouch and a lower stomach.
The upper pouch can hold only about 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of food. As a result, you eat less food at one time, feeling satisfied longer. It is placed under general anesthesia and a Laparoscopic surgery, which makes recovery time shorter than any open surgery procedure.
The main features from this procedure are:
- Least invasive surgical option
- Low risk of nutritional deficiencies
- No dumping syndrome related to dietary intake restrictions
- Reversible Removable at any time. Stomach and other anatomy are generally restored to their original forms and functions
- Fewer Risks and Side Effects
- Outpatient procedure
- Surgical time: 30 to 40 Minutes